Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 8

8. A show I thought I wouldn’t like, but I did.

When I was little, Home Improvement was one of my favorite shows. I would sneak into my parent's closet, where, as I already mentioned, we kept our TV, and watch JTT (sooooo cute!!!!) be the silly brother to a laugh-track audience. I loved that show, mostly because JTT was so dreamy and because I watched so little TV that anything was exciting. 

However, when Home Improvement was over, Seinfeld would start in with its weird stand-up comedy intro. I never really though it was funny, probably because I didn't understand ironic/dry humor yet, and I thought it was lame to have a "middle-aged" man saying things that people were supposedly laughing at. 

That was my middle-schooler mindset. But once I got past the opening montage of Seinfeld and once I understood humor a bit better, I started loving Seinfeld. I mean, come on, forget about it, how can you not like it?! So now I'm busy watching old episodes of Seinfeld and discovering, years after everyone else, that it really is a FUNNY show!

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Seinfeld after I moved here and I really like it. We should watch some together because the episodes are all new to me too!

    ReplyDelete