Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 14

14. Your earliest memory.

I can't really remember my earliest memory. 

I do have a good memory in the "under 10" category, which is pretty impressive. Plus, I feel like it's a more "valid" memory because it doesn't come from frequent re-telling, or from a photo.

When I was seven, my family went on a trip to Europe, including a few weeks stay in England. I have many memories from this trip but one of the happiest was staying at Sophie's house. Her house was actually called a castle! And, since she's British, she pronounced it like, cahh-sl.

That on its own would be enough for a young girl of princess-dreaming-age to remember. But there's more to that memory. She also ate chocolate sprinkles on her toast in the morning! I remembering thinking that was the best breakfast idea ever. I loved these milk chocolate sprinkles that came out of a cardboard box. Together the taste was perfect - the crunchiness of the dry toast, the saltiness of the butter, and the smoothness of the sprinkles, slightly melted in the butter. 

A castle and chocolate sprinkles. No wonder that place left an imprint on my young memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment