[I start this challenge with the assumption that these questions are just being used as a prompt to get me thinking. I am also assuming that I can tweak the question to make it more interesting or answerable...]
1. Three things people do that irritate you.
- They don't say what they want. This is common in Minnesota. I can see them eyeing the last piece of cake and they'll say "Oh, no, you take it." The problem is, I want to take people at their word, so if I hear "No, thank you" then I'll assume they really don't want it. The irritating part is when they do want it and they get upset with me eating the last yummy morsel!
- They walk slowly. I'm a fast walker, probably due having a fast-walking mother and a fast-walking, long-legged husband. So I'm used to walking fast. Now, slow-walking doesn't irritate me if I know we're taking a leisurely stroll, but if we need to get some place and I notice I keep having to slow my pace, then I have to decided to get irritated or tell myself there's no rush and to slow down...
- They assume I want to have kids. "When you have kids..." can be a surprisingly irritating statement. Maybe this will come up in another question, so right now all I'll say is: (1) I am so happy with the arrangement Boyd and I have now and I know that would change with a kid, and I'm not ready for that change, (2) I'm not drawn to motherhood, probably the first sign I shouldn't have a kid. (3) Boyd doesn't want children. If any of these feelings change, I'm always open to changing my mind about kids. [This does NOT mean that I don't like kids! Kids are cuddly, inquisitive, usually like books, and I like hanging out with them!]
People I love rarely irritate me, so don't think this is about you!
[Editor's note: Like my friend also answering these questions, I felt really negative after writing this post, so I'm going to add 3 things that I admire about people: generosity that inspires me to be generous, humor that is not mean, people who share their musical talent.]
[Editor's note: Like my friend also answering these questions, I felt really negative after writing this post, so I'm going to add 3 things that I admire about people: generosity that inspires me to be generous, humor that is not mean, people who share their musical talent.]
No comments:
Post a Comment