Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 6

Really?!
6.Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
[There is no importance to the order of these facts.]
  1. I'm left-handed.
  2. I never thought of myself as a "cat person" until I got my first cat at the age of 24. Now I love cats.
  3. My first ever job was being a library page at my local public library. In 2009 I finished my Masters of Library and Information science.
  4. I traveled to the Pacific Island Tonga with my parents when I was in 4th grade. 
  5. I studied abroad in Chile for 6 months during my senior year of high school.
  6. I love to sing Sacred Harp, also called shapenote singing. It's music from mid-19th century America and I love being transported back to that time through music. 
  7. I believe there are guardian angels all around me.
  8. I like hugs.
  9. I don't garden because I'm afraid all the plants will die on me.
  10. I have to shower after I vacuum or clean the bathroom.
  11. I don't like buying books.
  12. I still have two baby teeth in my mouth, because I am missing the two adult teeth that go above them.
  13. I don't like putting lotion on my body because it feels so sticky.
  14. I always like to have music on when I'm alone.
  15. Boyd and I know how to polka dance.
  16. [Phew! Half way there!] I like singing songs around the campfire.
  17. When I'm lonely or feeling sad, I sit under a hot shower and that makes me feel better.
  18. I listen to Natalie Merchant when I have bad cramps from my period. (Especially her song, "Wonder".)
  19. I knew Boyd for two years before we started dating.
  20. Growing up, we kept our TV in the closet.
  21. I don't like walking unless there is a destination, then I can walk for miles and miles.
  22. When I was in 6th grade, my family went to Zimbabwe and we stayed with a white family in their farm compound. They later were forced to sell their land under the Zimbabwe land reform.
  23. When I graduated from college I wanted to work for a non-profit but I was turned away from non-profit jobs because I didn't have enough experience. Two years later, I was running a non-proft.
  24. I grew up vegetarian but bacon convinced me to start eating meat in college.
  25. I'm working my way through Agatha Christie's Miss Marple mystery series.
  26. I had the American Girl Felicity (from the Colonial period) when I was a kid. I loved her red hair.
  27. My family plays a unique form of Solitaire, where everyone plays together with their own deck of cards. I'll teach you some time.
  28. My grandma's homemade applesauce is my ultimate comfort food.
  29. My dad took me tandem surfing and did awesome tricks with me when I was little enough for him to lift me over his head.
  30. I make a to-do list each morning with what I want to accomplish that day. ~ Write blog post - check!

No comments:

Post a Comment