Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2

2. Where I’d like to be in 10 years.


In 10 years I'll be 38 years old and it will be the year 2021. In some ways I took this question challenge because I wanted the chance to think about this and put down some ideas on "paper".


In 10 years I definitely hope to be living in a home that I've been in for a few years and plan to be in for more years to come. Lately, that has not been the case. I'd like it to be a small home, but whether it's a condo in a city or a cottage in the country or a yurt in the backwoods - we'll have to just wait and see. I'll get back to you on that, in 10 years.


I'd love to still be working for Spirit in Action, and have the organization be big enough to pay me full time AND hire an assistant. I hope that'd take me on lots of trips overseas. I'd still have a flexible schedule with plenty of time during the summer for camping.


I'd like to be making enough money to be able to fly to California for the weekend (assuming I'm not living there) so that I could visit my family and see my nieces. 


I'd like to be a consultant for other non-profits, or maybe a free-lance writer/researcher. But I'm not really sure about that one, now that I wrote it down.


I think I'd like to be a member of a church. I think there is something special about a church community which is supportive and helps people grow. Up to this point, I haven't felt like a permanent, adult member of a church long enough to want to join.


I'd like to live near some great friends and have a nice kitchen to prepare good food. And maybe have a berry patch nearby - one that gives me lots of fruit but that I don't have to do much to take care of it. Yes - that sounds like a good goal for the next 10 years!

2 comments:

  1. I already invited myself to our friend's lakefront cottage, so I would like to also invite myself to visit you in your yurt. The girls will be 13 and 11 by then so they can stay with Grandma and we can complain about "kids these days" and drink wine. Wherever you are, I'd like to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Come along, Louise. Sounds lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete